Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Marketing Plan

Luckily todays seminar on the Market Plan was located in Downtown Mountain View, just a 10 minute walk from the house. The speakers were excellent. And they re enforced the almost scientific nature of preparing a pitch to a potential investor i.e. this is what the investor wants to hear from the entrepreneur.

Two entrepreneurs also spoke on their start up successes and experiences. These talks really bring to life the issues as you feel a synergy with the entrepreneur. I also asked a question to the VC in open format, there was about 80 people in the audience. The logic behind the question was to broadcast my name and website to the room and to provide a memory point to the VC on the panel so that when I come knocking on her door in 6 months+ time she will remember me? Because, I mentioned I was from Scotland people at the end came up to me to provide guidance and contacts. It's a great feeling when you feel others are championing you on your way.

No comments: